Monday, November 16, 2009

A Freshman's First Quarter Experience with High School Math

"High School. It has always been something that I wanted to be in. I was so excited the last week of summer unlike some of my peers who wished that the summer wasn't ending. A few weeks into the first quarter of the grading period progress reports were sent out. My Progress was pretty good except for the last grade on there. I had a D+ in IMP 2, which is the math program for my small school Community Partnership Academy. After seeing this grade my parents were a little mad but weren't furious.

The week after I had received the progress report, I went and talked to all of my teachers. They all basically said the same thing except for math. The math teacher, Mr. Goldman said " Eric, You have a lot of potential and I would like for you to come to my Tuesday and Thursday after school tutoring class." I figured I could go once a week. After going just one time after school and watching Mr. Goldman break down everything that we had learned since the first day of school, I began to understand how to work in his class. Now I am one of the 3 students passing his class. I successfully raised my grade at least by an entire letter grade. This progress makes me, Scholars [BSC II] and my family very happy.

Ending the quarter on a good note lets me start the second quarter by putting my best foot forward, and focusing on improving my grade even more. I am still excited about high school! GO Yellow Jackets!"

By Eric Saddler, 9th grade, BSC II

No comments:

Post a Comment