Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thoughts from Scholars

"I really liked the meeting that we had with the Mayor. It was very uplifting to know that we had reached out to other people and they appreciated the fact that we were on top of our academics. It made me feel as if I had made a right choice, to doing my school work. Also, I felt very inspired to be acknowledged for all my hard work. It was nice of the Mayor to actually take the time to have our program in the city hall. This really made me feel honored and very important." - Bilal

"I would also like to thank Susan (at CCTV) for doing all of this for our program. It was nice that she would help us put videos on the website to show how much fun we had and to show our appreciation for the trip." - Bilal


"The mayor was really nice for letting us visit her. When the Mayor was finished talking, she gave us a key to the city and I liked that. I like that because it showed me that I am important and that I influence young people in my community. I'd like to thank other people like Robyn Bell (Cambridge Tourism) and Jeff Walker (Chief of Staff, Mayor) "The best and most inspiring thing of the day was when we met the mayor [of Cambridge]. It was such a great honor that a very important business woman would take time out of her busy life to talk with us. Going up to receive our keys [to the city] from the mayor has so far been the best moment of my life. I really felt like I’m going to make a difference in the world and but until that nothing will top this. " - Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment